Carnival B2B: Disembarkation – Not!

All of a sudden it was Friday morning, and the disembarkation instructions were in the mailboxes outside the rooms. Sad day of packing up.

But not for us! In our mailbox, we had our back-to-back instructions. We were told to bring our passports and were given a time and place to meet so that we could get our new sail & sign cards for the next cruise.

Saturday morning, we got up about 7:00, retrieved our first cruise bill from the mailbox (I had already looked at in on the HUB app) and went to the Lido for some breakfast. We were already docked and while we were eating breakfast, the Cruise Director started calling tag numbers for people to disembark. After breakfast, we went back to our room to wait.

Wasn’t long after we got back that a steward knocked on our door and thought we hadn’t packed up yet to leave. He wasn’t Agus, our steward for the week, so we had to explain that we were on a B2B and they could leave our room cleaning until they were finished getting the other rooms ready for the new cruisers. He looked a little dubious, so he probably went to check with a supervisor to make sure we were not stowaways. 😁

At 9:00, we made our way to the designated area – the Piano Bar. A staff member checked our names off of the list and gave us our new room keys. There were about 25 of us who were continuing on for the next cruise. A staff member then took us off the ship and to the Customs area. An official looked at our passports, said welcome back, and then we all went back to the ship.

Some people got “in-transit cards” from the staff member. Those cards allowed them to get off the ship and then when they were ready to get back on, they could bypass the long line of new cruisers and just embark. They just had to be back by 3:00 p.m.

On some cruises we have taken, the cruise line offered excursions just for those cruisers who were staying on for the next cruise. I didn’t look to see if Carnival offered that option for our cruise.

Once we were back on the ship, we changed into our swimsuits and enjoyed the pool and hot tub while waiting for the next group of happy cruisers to board. Soon after 11:00 a.m., the first ones came trickling in and the music cranked up.

After we ate lunch, we got ready for sail-away and the evening’s activities. Before we headed up to the sail-away party, we had to go back by our muster station again, get checked off, and watch the life vest demonstration again. Cruise number 2 was about to begin.

As I mentioned in a previous post, later that evening, a staff member delivered a fruit basket and a bottle of champagne to our room to say “thank you” for doing the B2B. Nice gesture from Carnival.

Five more days of fun in the sun!

Author: mmmtravelmemories

A retired college administrator who loves to travel. I write to remember the experiences and, I hope, to inspire others to make their own travel memories.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: